The story goes... Unlike Kremas 2 & 3 which were designed as morgues, but simply modified to fit a purpose. Auschwitz-Birkenau's Kremas 4 & 5 were specifically designed and built to kill Jews with poison gas.
Krema 4 was destroyed by camp prisoners on October 7, 1944, women had managed to smuggle explosives into the death camp.
|The remains of Krema 4|
|Position of Krema 4 at Auschwitz Birkenau|
|Auschwitz museum sign by Krema 4|
|Krema 4 on the right, with Krema 5 behind the trees in the distance|